JOIN THE TEAM
Red Meters is disrupting industrial measurement.
TEAMS & OPEN POSITIONS
Design & Content
Sr. Backend Developer
The Red Meters team aspires to maximize innovation by building a team driven by diverse backgrounds, approaches, and perspectives – all focused on our goal of delivering next-generation instrumentation products.
We find the simplest, most precise solutions to obstacles in the industrial world. We engineer technology that continuously produces superior results which are accessible, achievable, and understandable by both site operators and industry leading engineers.
Red Meters seeks a Sr. Backend Developer to take a seasoned and creative approach to backend architecture of a cloud-based software ecosystem. This will require a variety of skills and approaches to ensure robust, scalable, and supportable solutions. The Sr. Backend Developer will also help build a team of more junior-level backend and front-end developers as the company grows in the first quarter of 2021.
Our team is looking for people with an entrepreneurial mindset who want to be part of creating big picture solutions. Those just looking for “a job” will neither be compatible with or comfortable in our fast-paced adaptive environment.
- Programming in Python and C
- Architect and implement features (OS, scalability, redundancy)
- Use distributed system design to optimize communication
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tools and processes
- Compile, compute, analyze and present a variety of engineering data and test results as required.
- Understanding of front-end code with which integration is required
- Help identify talent, and participate in the recruitment of additional technical personnel
- Work with product team to develop plans for quality, support, and scalability
The responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualities, and/or abilities required.
- Strong understanding of Microservices Architecture (MSA)
- Python development experience
- Experience with Database Design
- Experience with API Design
- Knowledge of Endpoint Security tools and techniques
- Understanding of Bus Protocols
- Understanding of Cloud Architecture
Required Education / Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ of related experience in a Development Lead role
- Must be permitted to work in the United States
This is a full time position based in our offices just south of downtown Orlando with ample opportunity for training, personal development and career advancement.
READY TO CREATE REAL CHANGE?
A breakthrough manufacturer of process characterization systems, Red Meters creates disruptive measurement technologies that are deployed across a variety of markets around the globe.
Red Meters aspires to maximize innovation by building a team driven by diverse backgrounds, approaches, and perspectives – all focused on our goal of delivering next-generation instrumentation products.
We find the simplest, most precise solutions to obstacles in the industrial world. We engineer technology that continuously produces superior results that are accessible, achievable, and understandable by both site operators and industry-leading engineers.
Our dedicated offices and manufacturing facilities are located just south of Downtown Orlando, FL near State Road 528.